What a busy week it has been! I wasn’t feeling well at the beginning of the week so I guess I lost a few days of accomplishing things so I’m really looking forward to getting caught up on things! In the meantime, here are a few things I found on the internet this week that perked me up a bit!
1. This Ontario home tour on Design*Sponge is pretty wonderful. I love all of their vintage furniture pieces.
2. I don’t get too excited about new music anymore, but a new Hayden album is coming March 24th! And there are sneak peaks here and here. I’ve loved Hayden since I was a teen and have seen him multiple times live (not to brag or anything, I just really love him and he is amazing live). Needless to say, I’m very excited about the full album.
3. 10 Things I’ve Learned About Sewing – I’ve been trying lots of new sewing projects lately and I’m really looking to challenge myself this year (look forward to a future post about this!), but after going through all the challenges with my blouse, I was feeling a bit deflated. This is an old article, but it really hit home for me. Especially “When you start, it will look like crap” and “Can you make me one too?”. A great read for any sewer but most of the points work for basically anything in life.
4. I’m going to try making the ultimate veggie burger. A few years ago my sister and I took a day trip out to Field BC just to eat at Truffle Pigs and had the best beet burger ever. While I wish I could go to Truffle Pigs every day, I’ve had to resort to trying to find a recipe I could make at home. Fingers crossed!
5. So buying a white couch was a horrible idea – it just doesn’t stay clean (#homedecormistakes). And even worse is that Ikea no longer makes slip covers for the model that I have. I usually throw a quilt or something over it but I’ve been really liking the look of these Mandala wall tapestries and think they might make a nice couch cover. That paired with a vintage kantha throw would be a nice touch of color and pattern.
Wishing everyone a wonderful and restful weekend!