The last few months have been spent purely indoors. Although the winter has been unseasonably mild here, my skin has been horrible. The air is dry and my skin wants to suck up any sort of moisture it can find. Normally I can get through the warmer months using much less moisturizer, but the colder months bring out my seasonal lizard skin to the maximum. Anyway, I thought I would share some of my favorite natural beauty products with you today:
1. Pacifica BB cream $22.00 – well.ca – I went through most of my 20’s not wearing much makeup until a couple of years ago because I found most products to either be too cakey or just greasy, causing me to breakout pretty badly. The BB cream is a light weight tinted moisturizer-type product that I use after I’ve used a regular daily moisturizer. My skin is weird in that it is dry and acne-prone so I have a lot of difficulty finding a coverup that doesn’t make my face look like cracked flaky concrete, but this one seems to do the trick for me.
2. Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner $13.29 – well.ca – I’ll be really honest and say that I bought this for the packaging but I actually really love it. I had a facial once (yes, once) and at that time was told one of the best things I can do for my face is to not dry it after I’ve come out of the shower – let your pores absorb the moisture. This was the best beauty advice I’ve ever been given but I’ve altered it slightly by adding a splash of toner to my face right before the water is completely dry, then use a light moisturizer. Sometimes in the winter I will use a bit of coconut oil before my moisturizer to prevent my skin from cracking or flaking.
3. Smith’s Rosebud Salve $9.00 – Indigo/Chapters – This is my go-to lip balm and you can also use it on cracked hands and cuticles – it smells great too.
4. Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap in Rose $14.99 – well.ca – I dump a bit of this into my bath with some epsom salts to moisturize my skin. In the winter I usually follow with some coconut oil to prevent dry skin.
5. Ilia Lipstick $32.00 – freshfaced.ca – Sometimes I like wearing a little lipstick when I’m feeling bold, especially a pretty red like this one.
6. Yarrow Scrub $5.25 – Rocky Mountain Soap Co – Made locally and a great soap for dirty hands (I particularly love it for washing up after gardening).
7. Easy Does It Foaming Cleanser $36.00 – One Love Organics – A bit pricey but well worth the splurge. I love all of One Love Organics products but especially this cleanser.
8. Bamboo Charcoal Konjac Sponge $14.00 – freshfaced.ca – I use my Konjac a few times a week and it leaves my skin feeling really clean. The active charcoal is supposed to help with acne-prone skin as well.
Although it isn’t an exhaustive list, those are definitely my desert island products. What are some of your favorite natural products and what are some of the beauty products that you splurge on?
I am not affiliated with any of the product companies featured here or compensated in any way for featuring these products – all thoughts and opinions are my own.