I decided to end this week with something a bit different. The gardening season is winding down, and although I am a year-round gardener, my focus shifts a bit this time of year and I start to think about the long season I have ahead of me that will be spent mostly indoors. I also start to spend a bit more time puttering around the internet catching up on my favorite blogs, putting together project ideas and checking out my favorite online shops. I’ll continue with the regular gardening posts again next week but I wanted to share some of the things that have attracted my attention lately. My hope is to do similar posts about once a month. Enjoy!
1. Manhattan Nest bought a new house! I started following this blog about a year ago and it is truly one of my favorites – I’ve loved following along with Max’s chronicles about living in and restoring a 100+ year old home and I’m excited to see what he’ll do with this little house.
2. Winston The Walrus knitting pattern. I have got to make this.
3. Le Parfait jars are my favorite and I just picked up a few more. The last few years I have slowly been transferring all of my dry goods (baking ingredients, spices, nuts, etc) into pretty jars with labels. Overkill? Probably. I don’t care.
4. Schoolhouse Electric just released their Fall line. I’ll have one of everything please!
5. Jamie Oliver just released a new cookbook called Comfort Food and I have resisted purchasing it so far – we’ll see how long that lasts. There are a few recipes from the book on his website which I am looking forward to trying (I have never met a Jamie recipe I didn’t like).
6. I’ve got clocks on the brain. Ever since our microwave met its demise a couple weeks ago, I have felt the absence of a clock on our main floor and I’m exploring options. Wall clock or smaller clock for the counter? I’m leaning towards a classic schoolhouse inspired wall clock.
7. You win some, you lose some. This article from You Grow Girl really hit the nail on the head and I’m sure all gardeners can relate.
8. I have several entomology themed brooches and I’m always on the hunt for vintage ones. I came across this one from Anthropologie and had to settle for just pinning it – unfortunately way out of my price range.